Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Will You Pray For Me?

Sister Luanne Lenz praying in the Oratory,
taken by Sister Nancy Bauer

Earlier this year, I attended an evening of prayer and praise. At one point during the evening, I was asked to stand in a circle with several religious sisters and brothers. The other people in the attendance at the youth rally were invited to come forward, one at a time, to one of us in the circle and ask for prayers. A young woman approached me and asked me to pray for her anxiety. A young mother came forward and asked me to pray for her children. My third request came from two siblings; “Will you pray for our sister?” they asked me. Many more came forward. I was in awe at their trust in the power of prayer and in me. I would ask their name at times, hold their shoulders, look them in the eye as we exchanged a few words. Each encounter was an encounter with Jesus. With each prayer request I listened to, I respond in love, the love of God. I was moved by their belief in the power of prayer. I continue to pray for these people every day at Liturgy of Hours.

If you would like more information about Saint Benedict’s Monastery, please contact Sister Lisa Rose at lrose@csbsju.edu.

Lisa Rose, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment