Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Cartwheel


On August 15, the feast of the Assumption, James Martin, S.J., challenged those who follow his blog to create our own Magnificat daring the strength of language Mary used. 

I turn a cartwheel. Great is our Creator!

my spirit sings: You are an Awesome God!
I stood naked before you.
You know my racism, my pride, my privilege.
Purging me of ego, clothing me with goodness,
inviting all to see my whole in you.
What great mercy from all eternity-
Your gentle strength picks up knee-benders kissing with justice,
But the laughing proud mistake their shame for grandeur.
As caged babies cry for mamas, those responsible begin to fall-
blind to riches you have given -
Still, glorious colors sing of a return to you while bullies only see as weak.
Their only smile in photo ops twirling bibles upside down.
Retirement funds they steal, camouflaged tax cuts are their only friends.
They are alone, those golden boys until repentance.
Marginalized have found a home in everlasting arms
For you remember justice.

Pat Pickett, OblSB


No comments:

Post a Comment