Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finally finished: Blog on Procrastination

Today, I read an e-mail about procrastination that made me chuckle. Maybe, because it was so true to my nature, the best thing to do was laugh. I don’t know about you, but I seem to get into ruts of procrastination especially when life issues or projects seem overwhelming or stretch my brain.

This quote sighted from by Barrie Davenport reads:

“Do you ever wonder why you procrastinate? Well stop wondering, because it doesn't matter. Analyzing why we procrastinate is just another way of procrastinating. “

http://www.liveboldandbloom.com/

In fact, I am writing this blog so I can cross “Write blog” off my list and move on to my next procrastination project. I value the wisdom of the Rule of Saint Benedict about not procrastinating. "What can be sweeter to us, dear brethren than this voice of the Lord inviting us? Behold, in His loving kindness, the Lord shows us the way of life. For if we wish to dwell in the tent of that kingdom we must run to it by good deeds or we shall never reach it.”

Gently, with the beckoning the loving kindness of God, do one thing you have been “putting off.” I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Gary Nuss (Javajazzblue@gmail.com)March 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

    I had to laugh when I saw the title because I was pretty sure that it was one that you had written even before i got to the end. God has gifted you with a wonderful personality that consistently shines through. It's great to see the journey that He is guiding you through.

    My procrastination has been putting off responding to one of your blog posts! So now I can check that off of my list.

    Gary (your ATS buddy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary, I will let S. Trish know you posted this - I am sure she will be getting back to you, soon!.... Ha! - Colleen

    ReplyDelete