Friday, October 7, 2011

The Beloved says to all who will hear



This morning I was giving the hibiscus plant in our lobby its every-other-day drink and talking to its bright orange blossom. I suddenly found myself thanking it for how eagerly it takes in the vibrancy of sun and water. Its striking blossom only lasts twenty-four hours. And surrounding it on various branches are buds, puffing up, pregnant with life. They seem poised and ready to share their in-the-moment color-burst with eyes eagerly awaiting a glimpse of their joyful self -expression.


It triggered in me a flashback to the words of a psalm I had just read from the book, Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness by Nan C. Merrill.

The Beloved says to all who will
hear,

“Come, walk with Me. Let us
give birth to a new Earth!”

For, the Spirit is the One who makes all things
new,
and ever awaits our “yes” to the
Dance!



Psalm 110



Thanks, shockingly beautiful hibiscus, for reminding me to dance on this earth that you have brightened with your daily drinking in of the life-giving Spirit and self-revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment