Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome, June!


There are many reasons to like the month of June, midpoint of the year. For a starter, June has several major Church feasts: Corpus Christi, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the nativity of John the Baptist and the celebration of Saints Peter and Paul. Summer officially comes in this month and all of Nature seems to be bursting with life. The month is also special to me because of my birthday on the 24th -- shared with St. John the Baptist. I was curious and checked who else shares this birth month. Some very famous people do/did: Martha Washington, Frank L. Wright, Paul Gauguin, Jacques Cousteau, Pearl Buck and Helen Keller among many others. Great company!! Too bad they’re all dead . . . ah, but great memories.

Many Junes have come and gone and I have learned to roll with the punches, as the saying goes. When one reads the headlines and watches the TV news, life can seem quite harsh at times. However, I personally have much to be grateful for, and now that another June is “busting out all over” I am ready to face what it will bring and I anticipate even more gratitude piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment