Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Healing During COVID-19


This year's Easter prayer request cards in the Oratory

Last April, the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at the monastery started doing extra tasks, such as cooking, cleaning and writing thank you notes. One task I offered to do was signing thank you letters for our donors. With each letter I signed, I wrote an extra note including naming their prayer requests along with my promise of our prayers. I appreciated this opportunity to reach out to these friends. Many of the requests focused on health of family members and for the world as we were, and are, continuing to live with COVID-19.

One day after signing 31 letters and replying to their prayer requests, I went to the Oratory for Liturgy of Hours (LOH). As I prayed that day, each request came to mind and heart; as it did, I uttered a prayer for everyone, remembering a quote, “Benedictine women put their arms around the joys, striving, and inconsolable sorrows of the world and turn them into song.” We pray for all our donors and the world every day at Eucharist and LOH.

If you would like more information about Saint Benedict’s Monastery, please contact Sister Lisa Rose at lrose@csbsju.edu.

Lisa Rose, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment