Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Power of Prayer

Sisters praying in Blessed Sacrament Chapel

Do you believe in the power of prayer? Last November, I learned the power of a specific prayer my family has been saying for over 30 years. Here is the prayer: “Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much, I beg you to please spare the life of the unborn child that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.” I am not sure who introduced this prayer into our family. Yet, no matter where we are or who we are with, my family prays it aloud, from the heart, following the meal prayer every day. My response from hearing the news that an abortion had been stopped by a young woman who was pregnant was awe: “It is a miracle.” I was overwhelmed with joy and gratitude; in my eyes, it was a miracle that a child was saved through our faithfulness to this prayer. This is my story; we never know the outcome of our prayers unless someone shares their story.

At Saint Benedict’s Monastery, we have received many requests for prayers especially during this pandemic of COVID-19; it has become a daily petition for me for it to end soon. If you would like more information about Saint Benedict’s Monastery, please contact Sister Lisa Rose at lrose@csbsju.edu.


Lisa Rose, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment