Thursday, February 28, 2019

Angels at the Gas Station

Photo: Pexels.com

What do a gas station and the angel Gabriel have in common?

I was on my way to church and realized I needed gas. I was focused on my homily. My intent was to talk about how each of us is asked, just as Mary was asked, to birth Christ in our lives. I was going to talk about the many messengers we often don't notice, mostly because we don't expect to be asked! Before I tell you about Gabriel, I have to say that my car has two magnetic signs which bear the name of our church.

"ARE YOU A PREACHER...OR SOMETHING?"

Immediately I realized a man was semi-shouting at me! AT ME! My first thought was—oh dear God, I don't want to debate the ordination of women...not today. But before my thought was complete and I was caught in mid-nod, the man continued..."I need a preacher...my wife," he said, "she's leaving me...after 20 years...she's leaving me." I listened. "But you probably don't know how much it hurts. It hurts so much." All I answered just then was "Yes, I have an idea." I listened more...and this man was crushed. He continued..."I need someone to understand." Prudence be damned—I told the man that this wasn't the best day for me either...I was married the day after Christmas and divorced the day after Christmas, though I wouldn't sign the papers then. He stopped short—"They still let you be a preacher? After a divorce, I mean?" God has a strange sense of humor; I added, "Yes, I can still be a preacher." He smiled and said, "Thank God!"

This man was my angel Gabriel and maybe I was his. That day, I think both of us (though we may never see one another again) are marveling about how God comes into our lives in unusual Gabriel ways.

Pat Pickett, OblSB

2 comments:

  1. Am so happy that I contacted Dr.Agbazara who was able to bring back my ex within 48hours, Now i am happy to make a good testimony about this powerful spell caster that helped my love life to be in existence once again, if you have any kind of problem you can contact Dr.Agbazara, through his WhatsApp/call number on +2348104102662, or email him on: ( agbazara@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. INTERNET SCAM ALERT‼️

      The internet today is full of SCAM ADS, mostly in comments of various sites and blogs. A large number of individuals have been victims of scam and lost of money to SCAMMERS. Most of the common scam are
      🔻BANK LOAN SCAM. 🔻BINARY OPTIONS SCAM.
      🔻BINARY AUCTION SCAM. 🔻HACKING SCAM. and lost more......

      But here is a good news to everyone who has been a victim of INTERNET SCAM❗️
      You can get your money back from your scammer, Authorities will not been involve just the genius of our skill.

      WHO ARE WE⁉️
      We are PLUGGERS! A group of talented Hackers specializing to help individuals steal back thier money from INTERNET SCAMMERS. We did a research of money been ripped away from people and it can to a speculation of more than USD $3billion annually. This doesn’t seem right to us, so we formed this group mainly to help individuals get back thier money.

      HOW DO WE OPERATE⁉️
      We first of all study the scammer brought to us your o “PLUG” by hacking this person device(phone or computer) to get information of How, Where, this person keeps the funds he steals from people, and we work on a strategy to get you back your money. With no way to trace the steal to you and back to us, this person has no way to build a case and that way you are safe from Authorities.

      Contacting us is simple, just give us a message through the email below.
      Email-: globalpluggers@gmail.com

      If you a victim of internet scam or you know someone who is, make contact to us immediately. You are 💯 % safe to contact us, our email is very secure.









      Delete