Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Take One Step at a Time

Now that we are beginning the third week of Lent, how are you doing on your spiritual journey? For me, the days of Lent start to get harder right about now. I tend to focus on the days that are ahead of me rather than asking myself, “What have I learned about myself since Ash Wednesday?” As I reflect on my own words, I find myself saying, “Lisa, take one step, one day, at a time.” The step that I will take today does not need to be a big step. I have to remind myself that if I simply take a step in the right direction, it will lead me to God and that is all I need to do. To take this step is what I call “living in the moment.” It is the best way for me to encounter God in everything I do. When I actually pay attention to the people and experiences God has put into my life, I am happier and more at peace. I am happier living in the moment because that is where I find God. I do not want to miss God or His love, so taking one step at a time is another way to live and love every day. 

If you would like more information about Saint Benedict’s Monastery, please contact Sister Lisa Rose at lrose@csbsju.edu.

Lisa Rose, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment