Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Tour of Saints Bike Ride

Supporting our sisters at Saint Scholastica
(Photo by Marina Schlangen, OSB)

It was a rainy and cool Sunday morning as a friend and I checked in for the Tour of Saints bike ride. We had agreed to ride the eighteen-mile route, which took us along the Lake Wobagon Trail. We rode up to Avon and back again to Saint Joseph. We met many bikers along the way who were also spending their Sunday morning riding their bikes in the rain. The rain did not appear to dampen the spirit of any of the bikers. We greeted people along the way by offering and receiving words of support. I learned as I was riding my bike that when I set my mind to do something, I really want to accomplish it. Riding my bike in the rain was not my first choice that Sunday morning. Under the rainy circumstances, I learned a lesson of endurance that a sunny day would not have provided. I learned that a little encouragement goes a long way. Still I would have preferred a bright sunny day for the experience.  I hope that next year the sun will shine for the Tour of Saints bike ride and we are already talking about riding the thirty-five mile loop. Rain or shine, the sisters at Saint Benedict’s Monastery encourage one another day after day to live a balanced life of prayer, work and community. If you would like more information about Saint Benedict’s Monastery please contact Sister Lisa Rose at lrose@csbsju.edu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment