Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Retreat at the Lodge


(Photo by Karen Streveler, OSB)
It was somewhat easier
to still my “flickering mind”

Though it took three days
 two birds,  two squirrels
and trees that stood still,
          deeply grounded
          and waiting . . .
for who knows what?

I know! It was You, Lord, coming
through the music of creation
          slowly yet continuous;

It was You, my Love,
          speaking through feathered wings,
though there were no seeds,
and squirrels who did not need
to climb the slippery pole as if
they already knew there was no food.

You are everywhere, Lord,
          waiting to  open my flickering mind
          and tell my heart of Your gentle presence.

You like the Lodge community too, don’t You?

Renee Domeier, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment