Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What Would Jesus Do?



Photo by S. Karen Streveler
“And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us”. John 1:14. Our God loved us so much as to become human, live among us and die for us. What a magnanimous, powerful and loving deed!  How can I ever fathom such incomprehensive love?

Jesus was put to death on a cross experiencing rejection, humility and excruciating pain. Greater love has no one than this that one lay down his life for his friends. John 17:19” And the words that came from the cross were “Father forgive them, they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34

God will never stop loving you, me and every person in the world just as we are.  I can respond to that love by reaching out to serve others. 

Moreover, Jesus taught us how to live. When caught in a dilemma, I can now say, “What Would Jesus Do? (WWJD)”. For example, I’m in a situation where I don’t know because I am driving to the hospital to be with my dying father when I am the first to come upon an accident where immediate help is needed. WWJD?  Or, I am visiting a group of friends who constantly carry on with gossiping about others. WWJD??

 

Sister Janet Thiegles

No comments:

Post a Comment