Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Walking Each Other Home





Sometimes when the New Year rolls around, and I am deciding whether or not I really want to invite myself to a new path for the months ahead, the details of the plan can get a bit unrealistic.  It occurred to me that if I share a short plan with a friend I might be a bit more committed to it and allow the plan to become more “at home” in me. After I took this first step I realized that hearing myself say it out loud made the unfolding of it even more concrete and honest.  For me the whole point was simply taking another personal step on the path that leads to greater wholeness, compassion and God-connection. Sharing it with someone may be yet another expression of what Ram Dass says, “We’re just walking each other home.” 

Mary Rachel Kuebelbeck, OSB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment