“What are you asking me? Of course I know what LIFE is?”
“So is LIFE the same for me sitting here in my small room or you in a family home or on a yacht or in a hovel? What really is LIFE?”
- Have you wept at anything during the last year?
- Has your heart beat faster at the sight of young beauty?
- Have you thought seriously of the fact that someday you are going to die?
- More often than not, do you really listen when people are speaking to you instead of just waiting for your turn to speak?
- Is there anybody you know in whose place you would volunteer to be if you had to suffer in doing so?
If your answer to all or most of these questions is NO, the chances are that you’re dead.”
Can we be with one another and with all else that is? That’s the bigger question.
Renée Domeier, OSB