Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Marie

S. Janet Thielges (right) with sister Marie (center). 

Marie, the family glue
Kept siblings’ special days 
Cherished her children 
Reached out to hurting
Prayed, Welcomed, 
Listened 
Communicated, Played tricks 
Shared homemade bread

I know, God, it was her time
And she lived a full life
Ready to come to you
She’s with you now
What more can I ask?

Well, God, maybe something for me.

Marie and I, 
“Two peas in a pod”
Bosom sister and friend.
Grew up together
Shared our faith
Popped popcorn,
Cleaned house
Played Hide and Seek

Shock riveted my heart
She wasn’t sick that long
Grief winds in and out.
“You don’t get over it. 
You just get used to it.”

But my dear God 
what am I missing here?
Some eight sisterhood decades
Years I’ll ne’er forget. 
Yes. Thank you with all my heart! 

Janet Thielges, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment