Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Radish Revelations


I spoke with a friend in Wisconsin this morning. It's her birthday! I discovered that her very active and effective life as a theologian and pastoral minister for two parishes has been narrowed to a 24/7 horarium needed to care for her mother who has Alzheimer's and a broken arm! In such a situation, Pat appreciates God's presence wherever God reaches out to feed her hungry mind and heart.

Our conversation was virtually an "Ode" to her radish patch! "Little red radishes, the prettiest little things. I think I have overlooked them all these years; and to think that they grow underground, living a quiet life . . . and yet become so colorful and so tasty. I have a blue iris nearby but, frankly, I'm more excited about my little red radishes! I think I'll need to plant another crop." This is, in my mind, a prayerful response to God's revelation, wherever that may be. Would you agree?

Renee Domeier, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment